Wednesday 27 November 2013

Bikes on the way to East Timor

Managed to get the bike prepared and loaded in time for the barge cutoff time. Even Australian Customs was helpful and stamped my Carnet de Passage dispite the document having a start date of the 1st of December.

Total cost for shipping the bike (Toll Marine) with the panniers fitted and uncrated from Darwin to Dilli was only $420, but I think the guys in the international freight office did me a favour or two when they measured the bike ( thanks Guys, I owe you a very cold beer or two). All pretty easy and only took about 45 minutes to complete everything.

 

Bike loaded up for shipping to East Timor all that's missing is a tank bag and my waterproof roll bag which I will take on the plane.

Flight is booked for the 10th of December and hopefully I will be able to pick the bike up on the same day.

Life is adventure and the adventure is about to begin.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment