Saturday 21 December 2013

Exploring the hill behind Kupang

Now that I am resigned to not getting out of Kupang to Ende until Xmas day I decided I needed to get out on the bike and do a bit of exploring. Headed off into the hills behind Kupang. A mixture of good road, potholes, dirt tracks and mud.

Nice to get a bit of elevation as the temperature drops quickly the higher you climb and riding all the gear all the time can be a bit bloody hot, but I have made the commitment to ride as safe as possible so I just have to suck it up. Unfortunately my gear is taking on the smell of an old moldy sock especially my helmet, but there is not much I can do but dry it out as best I can at the end of the day

A few photos from the day.

Typical road in the hills.

Stopped to take on some water and gained an audience.

View looking over the hills

For those who wanted to see a Timor Pony...done but very skinny

Heading into a bit of weather

Have meet up today with a couple from Europe riding an old 1200cc Harley Davidson heading the same way as me, so we will team up to tackle the island of Flores. Should make it a bit easier for all of us as I know what's required for the ferry and he can speak some Indonesian.

No comments:

Post a Comment