Saturday 14 December 2013

Beach Hotel, Bintang Beer and a Bro

Caught up last night with Tony who can to my rescue on day one when I discovered I was geographically chalenged and without phone coverage. Helped me find my way and even sorted out a map to stop me from getting lost yet again.

Tony is in Timor teaching English to adult students including some of East Timors rich and powerful. Prior to East Timor he was working for four years in Cambodia (where he meet his charming wife) and has promised to point me in the right direction as I get closer.

Meet up with Tony and later on his loverly wife at the Dili Beach Hotel, which to my surprise was on the beach.

View out to sea

Normal traffic at 6:30 at night

Enjoyed a few beers with Tony and his wife whilst watching the sun go down, not one of Timors best so no photos.

Spending the day tiding up a few loose ends and will head off in the general direct of Kupang tomorrow as apparently the roads are getting pretty bad due to the wet season. Had planned to be here a month earlier, but I have to adapt to the conditions as I go.

Stinking hot down here at sea level so I looking forward to some elevation and slightly cooler weather.

Life is Adventure.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment